THE CLASSIC BUS - REDEFINED...
Terrerras Africa introduces the AVM Rural Bus Rebuild.
The company has paid attention to detail to ensure the bus provides more of what you want. This bus has been rebuilt with longevity, strength and ease of use and maintenance in mind.
The bus is supplied with the Cummins 6CTA 8.3 engine. This hardy engine has the lowest fuel consumption on the market and carries forward the legendary reliability and endurance of Cummins engines. It has no electronics which makes it easier to use and maintain especially off road.
The gearbox is an Eaton FSO- 6406A 6speed fully manual box.
The axles, propshafts and all other chassis components are all DAF and are second hand reconditioned.
The body is a rebuilt AVM type rural bus. The company acquires an old AVM bus body and strips it of all body panels, steps, etc. The structure is rehabilitated and primed before being panelled with brand new galvanised sheeting. These panels are bonded with metal adhesive for a smooth body finish. Also, the company uses advanced structural rivets on loadbearing points, a first in coach building in Zimbabwe. The company uses CAD generated drawings in all its coachbuilding activities.
The company makes use of 2K paint technology on its buses, employing a 12 stage process that incorporates bitumen paint for the underbody.
The seats are manufactured in house and are supplied brand new with vinyl finishing standard. A fabric finish can be supplied as an option.
Curtains are also available as optional equipment.
The windows have been redesigned. They are also supplied brand new and are available with clear glass standard. Tinted windows are available as an option.
The bullbar and radio/CD are also supplied as standard equipment.
Also supplied as brand new on the bus are -
- Flooring which will be aluminium chequerplate, 3mm thick.
- All body components(lights, locks, etc).
- Tyres, including spare tyre. The rims will be slightly used.
- Fuel, oil and air filters.
- Brake components(hose, brake pipes, boosters). The valves and air tanks are reconditioned.
- Roof carrier, supplied complete with plywood boards treated with anti termite/anti rot solution.
-Also supplied with the bus are a toolbox complete with tools and spare fuses as well as the owners manual.
The bus comes with a nine (9) month warranty against corrosion, defective materials and workmanship.
This rebuilt bus can offer you approximately upwards of 15 years of service, provided the body, engine and drivetrain are maintained as per manual's instructions.
The bus will cost US$140,000.00
The company also does repair /refurbishment of all AVM type buses as well as Marcopolo buses.
For more information as well as data sheets, please do get in touch
Make sure you have the best in your fleet!
Make sure its Terras!
Zimbabwe's premium coachbuilders.
THE CLASSIC BUS - REDEFINED...
Our safety tips
- Listings with a "Shop" tag means that the publisher was curated by Jumia.
- Avoid sending money through untraceable methods such as Western Union or Mobile Money.
- Carefully check the vehicle before buying: turn the engine on, check the engine condition, test-drive it. Seek professional advice if needed.
- Make sure all documents are compliant.
- If the seller doesn't have a shop, meet with him in a public place (Mall, Gas station, workplace ...).
- Do not give personal details (bank details, credit card numbers ...).
- Beware of offers too good to be true.